Screen record like a pro on iPhone 8 Plus
There are a number of ways to record your iPhone 8 Plus screen, but we’ll focus on two methods using Apple’s built-in tools. To start, open the Settings app and tap on Control Center. From there, you’ll want to customize the controls so that you can add Screen Recording. To do this, tap the green “+” next to Screen Recording and then hit Done.
Now that you’ve added Screen Recording to Control Center, open up the app or game you want to record. Once you’re ready to start recording, swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone 8 Plus to bring up Control Center. Tap the Screen Recording button and wait for the three second countdown. Once the recording starts, you’ll see a red bar at the top of your screen.
How to screen record on iphone 8 plus
Assuming that you want to record your iPhone 8 Plus screen, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls.
- Under the More Controls section, tap the green plus button next to Screen Recording.
- A Screen Recording toggle will now appear under Include in the Control Center.
- To record your screen, simply open Control Center and tap the Screen Recording toggle.
- A three-second countdown will begin, giving you time to position your iPhone 8 Plus so that everything you want to capture is on the screen.
- Once the countdown ends, your recording will begin.
- To stop recording, simply open Control Center and tap the Screen Recording toggle again. Your recording will automatically be saved to your Photos app.
Tips and tricks for creating the perfect screen recording
Now that you know how to screen record on your iPhone 8 Plus, here are a few tips and tricks to help you make the perfect recording:
- To avoid capturing accidental touches, disable Touch Accommodations by going to Settings > General > Accessibility > Touch Accommodations.
- If you want to record audio along with your screen recording, make sure to enable microphone access for the app you’re using. For example, if you’re recording your screen while playing a game, you’ll need to enable microphone access for that game.
- You can also enable Face ID or Touch ID authentication for screen recordings by going to Settings > Control Center > Screen Recording and tapping the Require Authentication toggle.
How to share your screen recordings with others
There are a number of ways to share your screen recordings with others. One of the easiest ways is to simply open the recording in the Photos app and tap the share button. From there, you can select how you want to share your recording.
You can also share your screen recordings directly from Control Center. To do this, open Control Center and tap the Screen Recording toggle. A preview of your recording will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap the share button and select how you want to share your recording.
Additional resources for learning more about screen recording on iPhone 8 Plus
If you want to learn more about screen recording on your iPhone 8 Plus, there are a number of additional resources that you can check out:
- Apple’s support page for screen recording on iPhone
- The iMore article How to record your iPhone or iPad screen
- The 9to5Mac article How to use Apple’s new Screen Recording feature in iOS 11